Log Cabins - Suppliers in France

lecabine

Hi

Would anyone know of any companies supplying real log cabins in France? South-West is were we hope to move to. Would be a permanent home so needs to be a good size. Anyone had any issues over planning regs with one of these?

thanks for any help

Greg

Hi

Would you even want a huf-haus, can't say they appeal to me...or perhaps it's just the scary price! I was looking at the more traditional log cabin you see in mountain type resorts, as that is where it will be near.  I was hoping to find a French company but they seem to be a bit thin on the ground.

Greg

There was a tv programme in the UK about a couple from the Scottish highlands who built a large real log cabin from kit form. The cabin kit was bought from the US (kentucky I think) sounds just what you are looking for and with the dollar in the doldrums may be the place to look.

Bob

Yes, Bob, I do remember that program, and as you say with the dollar so weak at the moment! Found a place in the UK that imports them from Russia at a reasonable price, but stillcannot find a French company that does the sort of thing I need.

Very much like this!

Greg