Cost of Architects plans?

Coco

We were seven weeks down the line and feeling that no news was good news as far as the permis de construire went.  But oh no, Mrs Jobsworth had to work it out and decide that our house, after the work has been done, will now be 180 sq metres SHON, because they only allow 5% reduction in the SHOB for walls, even though all our exterior, and some interior are a metre thick!  So we have to have architects plans drawn up.  She graciously said that once we have these she will put us on the top of the pile so that we don't have to start the process all over again and should get the permission quite quickly, but, well, thanks a bundle - just stick a whacking great bill on it just for the sake of it why don't you? 

The barn conversiont itself is only going to be about 40 sq m but that's obviously 10 too many.  She's happy with the rest of the information and just wants us to get our existing plans redrawn by an architect, and NOT my mate, (who will do it for a case of beer,) because he's only a fully qualified member of RIBA - but of course, that doesn't count in France! (bad France day today!)

Does anyone have any idea - just a vague ball park figure, so that we know if we're being ripped off when we go and see an architect next week, what a set of simple drawings like this will cost?  There's no design work as such to be done, all he's got to do is draw plans of the existing house, with the batiment attached and then one with the batiment as a kitchen on the ground floor and a living room above.  By vague, I mean, is this likely to run into the 100's of euros, or 2000+, 3000+, the sky's the limit?

And is TVA on architects' work at 5.5 or 19.6% if it's for a conversion on an existing, old building?

Our plans were 're drawn' by a french architect exactly as an english archi friend had done them, he did a few site visits, sorted out the PP in its entirety and presented us with a few nice sets of plans incl computer graphics of how it will lok. Total was 2600euros. We always knew we'd need plans done by an archi as the floor area is 240m2 and we thought the final bill was OK.

Our architects fees were Euro 3970.72 (this included TVA @ 19.6 %).

The plans were simple, no designing as such and included renovation and a small extension (the total floor area approx. 75 square meters), with  photographs from various angles and an image of the "final product" all neatly bound into a file.  

I have a friendly Architect here who will sign my plans off as long as he likes them. He makes a site visit and carefully verifies the plans. Last time he charged about 500 euros plus TVA.

We did try quite a few before we found this chap who wanted to charge about 3000 euros. I'm sure that with a bit of persistence you will find someone locally who will be able to help.

Architects quote for just the upstairs addition was 1000 € but when the permission came through the bill was only for 500 €. Very pleased. If you are just making an addition you don't need detailed plans drawn for all of it, just the new bit.

Hope this helps.

[quote]Architects quote for just the upstairs addition was 1000 € but when the permission came through the bill was only for 500 €. Very pleased. If you are just making an addition you don't need detailed pl...[/quote]

We're turning a barn that is integral with the existing house into a large kitchen/utility room and then making a first floor with a lounge/bedroom for our own living accommodation, so that the rest of the house can be turned over to B&B, but according to the DDE they DO want plans of the whole house

You're all quoting prices that in the back of my mind I was thinking it would be, I was just hoping there would be a few more around like Charles' tame architect!  Oh well, looks like a pine floor, stained with chene rather than a solid oak one then, just so the architect can top up his bank balance!!