Declaration de Travaux

Alex H

Did you include plans of your intended work and copies of the map of your piece of land? If so the papers will be sent to the local DDE office ( not sure what it stands for.) They will eventually send someone round to look at the area you want to work on and if no problems will write back to the Maire to say ok and he will write back to you. If you are near a place of historical interest the papers have to be also sent to the prefecture for their opinion. We have done this twice and it takes about 2 months. Procedure might vary from place to place. Pat.

[quote]Thanks for that Pat.Is there a time limit in which I have to complete the work or once I have permission thats it ?[/quote]

You have 12 months after the date on the DdeT to complete the work. You can then apply for one 12M extension. Thereafter you must reapply.

Or you could do what I did (you know, the weather wasn't up to it, the dog died, I had a headache) & just get on with it at your own pace (slow, in my case!).

[quote]Did you include plans of your intended work and copies of the map of your piece of land? If so the papers will be sent to the local DDE office ( not sure what it stands for.) They will eventually send...[/quote]

Ah.... That's different to what I'd been told. I understood that having handed all the bumf in, if you hadn't heard from them in 2 months you were free to proceed.

Shall have to sit around and wait for a visit now.

p

I'd also understood that if you hadn't heard after 2 months you were free to proceed, but when I suggested this at the mairie they were horrified! The lady said I would get a reply in either case, and by the end of the following week. She was right - a week later the acceptance paper was sent to us in the post.

Having been used to West Wiltshire District Council planning department I was amazed!

We did include photos, a copy of the location on the cadastre, and as much information as possible, so maybe that helped

hoverfrog

[quote]Ah.... That's different to what I'd been told. I understood that having handed all the bumf in, if you hadn't heard from them in 2 months you were free to proceed.Shall have to sit around and wait for...[/quote]

Another urban legend, I'm afraid. In actual fact, they have 2 months to give you a descision. If they don't, then you can complain!

The rules for both the declaration de travaux and the permis de construire, both specify that if the authorities do not come back to you with either permission, refusal or request for further information within the period notified at the time of application then permission is automatically granted ( un accord tacite)

However it would be a brave person who embarked on a significant project without the bit of paper in their hands

Then you get the dreaded 'H1', (impots locaux) form sent to you requiring every detail of your house.

Having enclosed an open 'auvent' with sliding patio doors I have just had this form, has anyone tried putting the french equivalent of 'no change' for most of the answers, or have I got to get a tape out and measure up the whole house?

Mike