Spray Gun recommendations

PaysBasque

My husband has got myself volunteered to do a fair bit of painting - round the roof line and the interior of 9 fairly large apartments.

He wants to use a spray gun and doesn't mind paying out a fair bit to buy one. Any recomendations on what he should look out for and what to avoid?

We've seen one like this http://www.diytools.co.uk/diy/Main/product-2.asp?iProductID=25218

for sale in a local DIY store, which doesn't seem too out of order price wise.

Thanks,

[quote]My husband has got myself volunteered to do a fair bit of painting - round the roof line and the interior of 9 fairly large apartments.He wants to use a spray gun and doesn't mind paying out a fair bi...[/quote]

I would recommend (and have used alot) an HVLP spray system (such as the Earlex - 99€ from any Brico). Get the visccosity right and it is easy (and darned quick).

You can spray "domestic" paints with a HP spray gun (compressor and gun, as you would a car), but it is alot more difficult and emulsion paint can be quite abrasive.

Avoid "airless" sprayers, they are very difficult to use & the results are variable.

• 2 weeks later...

I have an airless spray gun, used it for emulsions / fence painting absolutely fantastic. Paint goes further much quicker . Gave ten 6 x 6 wodden fence panels two coats both sides in about two hours. Cos its airless misting and over spray are limited. Not cheap though bought mine through Ebay Wagner Airless spraygun

£300 from kapers 56  lets-paintit

Have fun

Phil

[quote]I have an airless spray gun, used it for emulsions / fence painting absolutely fantastic. Paint goes further much quicker . Gave ten 6 x 6 wodden fence panels two coats both sides in about two hours. ...[/quote]

Hi Phil,

Thanks for your post. We've actually just bought a Wagner Paint Crew and Dean is working up the courage to try it out today. I will let you know how he gets on!

• 2 weeks later...

[quote]Dave/Olive,I have got a nice new stirrup pump, brass and black plastic you are welcome to borrow it, I will even deliver if I can watch you painting the bedroom ceiling with it!!RegardsPeter[/quote]

hi

where in hell did you get one off them from???

i want to w/wash some barns

dave

[quote]Just look at this guys (TY) last twenty postings and see the venom that this man spits out is this really what a forum is for You are soiling a very good forum with your alcohol fuelled crap Take...[/quote]

hi

well said that man , would you like to read the "RACISIST" pm`s he has sent to me ???

if i was black he would be ...........

dave