Repair to PVC soil pipe - techniques?

AFP2

A slash-and-dash "builder" working for the previous owner has made a town-halls of a soil pipe installation in the bathroom.

Basically, he fitted a collar to the 100mm soil pipe to accept an additional 32mm drain from an extra sink.

This collar was obviously not fitted properly, and there is a leak from it when the added sink is used.

So, is it possible to repair these? Clearly the collar is well stuck, but is there a means of getting it off? It would be difficult to replace the soil pipe due to its fitting into the screed.

Cheers

The spigot from the 32mm pipe is also glued in, so one cannot remove this readily.

I will attempt to cut the strap free, although this seems very difficult. It wraps round about 2/3rd of the soil pipe and is about 4" wide.

Sounds like blisterville!

Cheers 

The only way I have ever made these joints work  first time is to wire them round the soil pipe before the plastic cement has set. Before resorting to cutting one off I would try. Getting all the saddle edges/ joints exposed then smothering them in plastic cement and give it 24 hours to dry.

Sounds as tho' the original bodger cut everything too short and tried to get away by smothering everything with goo.You can get a better quality of clamp-on fitting that does not require the goo-it clamps a seal directly onto the pipe and has a proper seal for the 32mm.both of which are fitted dry.You can also get a fitting that you insert thro'a hole in the large pipe.twist it and put a nut on the outside-no clamp required at all.

Another option would be to cut a complete section out of the 100mm. pipe and insert a fresh section including a connector either using a coupling at the bottom and a slip joint at the top or slip joints at top and bottom.Personally I don't like solvent couplings,I prefer dry seal myself.

If only. we only have about 10mm each side of the clamp and there is no way of replacing this wihtout taking the whole pipe out. I have started to try and get the clamp  off and it is snapping off in bits slowly.