Concrete floors

bwfc1965

I am going through the process of purchasing a property in Meneac, near to Merdriniac Brittany. It will require a concrete floor laying of about 16ft x 19ft.

Can anyone advise me on local merchants that supply ready mix concrete and what is the recommended levels?

Also are there tool hire shops who will hire a whacker plate?

Thanks Steve.

hi

will this help   ???

http://propertyfinderfrance.useico.com/Newsletter.aspx?s=ec40e97e-a313-4ce6-9b05-8b0de3c0fde4&l=2&n=1&i=27&c=0&a=144&o=0

cannot see you fitting carpets in france so forget the screed and just go an inch deeper with the concrete and dust proof it..or tile it..

dave                

We have in our house there aretwo wooden floors which had lino on them. On removing the lino we found a slurry of what looks like cement over the boards. About 50% of this is flaking off & we thought fine just chip it off & paint the floor with lime wash look. However it either comes off easily, comes off with chipping or does not budge atall. This is our holiday home & we only have a limited budget & time. Any suggestions ? I have several other questions but do not know how to start a new topic?

We have in our house there aretwo wooden floors which had lino on them. On removing the lino we found a slurry of what looks like cement over the boards. About 50% of this is flaking off & we thought fine just chip it off & paint the floor with lime wash look. However it either comes off easily, comes off with chipping or does not budge atall. This is our holiday home & we only have a limited budget & time. Any suggestions ? I have several other questions but do not know how to start a new topic?

Dave thanks for your reply. May I ask why the carpet is not to be considered. Is this concrete a usual thing they did on boards? I am also asking about carpet from the point of view that there is fitted carpet on the ground floor which has to go because of its colour. Would I be better to try & recolour this carpet & if so is there a product you can suggest.

Hells bells

[quote]Dave thanks for your reply. May I ask why the carpet is not to be considered. Is this concrete a usual thing they did on boards? I am also asking about carpet from the point of view that there is f...[/quote]

hi

concrete will dust when dry a screed willnot ... so if you lay a carpet on concrete the dust will come through it un less you seal it first...

dave