aaarrgghhhh!!! vinyle flooring

Frank

Hi everyone, this goes out to all the tilers out there.  We are currently renovating a house which has a very large vinyle or lino covered floor area, which just so happens to be stuck down with very strong adhesive!! Aside from what i am doing now, on hands and knees with scrapper in hand and chipping and scraping away at it, and believe me, it is taking a very long time and is not good for my back and shoulders!!! has anyone any ideas to help ease the pain and clear up the vinyle covering?? We are putting down a tiled floor, so all traces of lino and adhesive must be gone!!  Any suggestiuons would be helpful, especially those that will work!! Many thanks in advance and now i am going to return to the floor for another half hour scrapping, deep joy[:'(]!

Kimberley

"Hi everyone, this goes out to all the tilers out there.  We are

currently renovating a house which has a very large vinyle or lino

covered floor area, which just so happens to be stuck down with very

strong adhesive!! Aside from what i am doing now, on hands and knees

with scrapper in hand and chipping and scraping away at it, and believe

me, it is taking a very long time and is not good for my back and

shoulders!!! has anyone any ideas to help ease the pain and clear up

the vinyle covering?? We are putting down a tiled floor, so all traces

of lino and adhesive must be gone!!  Any suggestiuons would be helpful,

especially those that will work!! Many thanks in advance and now i am

going to return to the floor for another half hour scrapping, deep joy!

Kimberley"

If the existing flooring is sound then save yourself the trouble of taking it up and tile over it.

Professional adhesives from Weber et Broutin and Lanko allow you to tile over almost any existing surface.

http://www.weber-broutin.fr/Servlet/Redirector;jsessionid=DpGRzN0n2Ln3XMJCkfYJtcLnVryYJNDwLLCj5VWsLcvTkFcMl9Ln!-43995762?from=/Problem/GeneralGraph.jsp&action=PSFiche&random=-2030625088&id=1752

If you have started to take up the vinyl then you can level the

stripped area with a self-levelling screed from the same suppliers as

above and tile over.

For suppliers of professional adhesives, screeds, etc, in your area have a look a www.gapsa.fr.

If you need more advice then please send me a PM.

Kind regards,

Bob Clarke

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/grindoux

Thanks everyone for your kind replies, inc the hairdressing tips!! I have finally, through brute force and the aid of my beloved (I know that is sad, but..) wallpaper steamer, succeeded where I didn't think I would[:D] and I managed to keep all my hair[;)] So thanks again to everyone

Kimberley

chadeniers 17