carreleurs tilers

danny

can anyone recommend a tiler that does not charge the earth for his work. This evening we were quoted the following prices €14 per m2 for floors, no paste or grout included, all of our floors have charpe on them, €16 per m2 for the poarche and the terrace and €28 per m2 for the SDB and toilette walls, all of the above prices are for cash. We thought they included TVA.

We feel that we are being ripped off, a quote from another two tilers was even higher, and again the same demand for cash.

We are at our wits end, we live in 17, can anyone help.

Danny - doesn't sound too bad to me. We've just paid more or less double that for 20sqm of floor tiling, but a screed was required, hence 2 days work. TVA was paid, so not 'on the black'.

As with most things in life, you get what you pay for. Our job was a full 2 days-worth & immaculately done.

Imagine our 20sqm x €14 = say £200. That's £25 / hr. You'd be lucky to get someone to walk through your door for that in the UK, wouldn't you?    

[quote user="Ian Horn"]

Danny - doesn't sound too bad to me. [/quote]

Me neither Ian.

Danny, paying cash is fine, as long as you still get whatever paperwork is appropriate. A Floor or a wall that is tiled badly is a very horrible sight. I think the prices are reasonable.

I live in the same dept. as you.