Zinc Gutter leaks

nino

Hello fellow members.

I have two pin holes in the gutter which is made of zinc , I believe.

Does anyone  know  of a product - either in France or in UK - that  deals fixes this  fault or will I have to call in an artisan to solder the leaky spots ?

Regards all.

Danglar

[quote user="valmont"]

Hello fellow members.

I have two pin holes in the gutter which is made of zinc , I believe.

Does anyone  know  of a product - either in France or in UK - that  deals fixes this  fault or will I have to call in an artisan to solder the leaky spots ?

Regards all.

Danglar

[/quote]

Hi Danglar

There is no way I'd get an artisan for pin holes, unless the gutter is very high and you don't have a proper set of ladders.

There is something called  gutter repair tape, or 'flashing' tape. I'm sorry I can't remember the name of it in English, but doing these barmy translations for the long suffering Quincaillerie (sp?) man is part of the way I improve my vocab[:)].

It's very thick aluminium foil tape with a horrible thick sticky tarry adhesive on it. One roll should last you forever as long as you keep it wrapped up. You would need to clean and dry the area inside the gutter very well first. You can also by zinc on a roll, and this can be glued or soldered to the problem area, after through cleaning.

If it's a first floor gutter, and tiny holes I'd be tempted to do something like stick blue tack in the beggars. I did this once and it lasted for 4 years.

Don't all shout at me [6]