Replacement wooden windows

Rtony

We'll be replacing 2 bedroom windows in our house near Fontenay le Comte (south Vendee) when we go there later this year. Can anyone guide us to a website where we can find online, wooden window prices at stores in our area please? We've looked at Bricomarche, Mr Bricolage and Castorama websites but haven't been able to find any.

Thanks,

Tony

If you have standard sizes, if there is such a thing in old houses in France,  try BricoDepot, you will have to get a catalogue they do not have items on their website, they are much cheaper than Leroy Merlin and do a larger range of sizes than perhaps some like Point P.  However as with a lot of things, you get what you pay for and most of the stores mentioned so far sub-contract this work, they do not make windows themselves.

You could also try Big Mat, ttp://www.bigmat.fr/  they took over CASA in the SW and also do a fitting service, all round here used them when they were CASA, its the same supplier still, and I have heard no complaints....  so far[:D].   

When I was looking for replacement windows (to very very old ones), I tried the nationwide companies (Point P – expensive, Bircomarche (and similar) – very limited range, Leroy Merlin – limited sizes “off-the-shelf but can custom order on a few weeks delivery with mid-range price).

Actually happened to find a menuserie warehouse advertising in the local paper (whilst waiting for a car service), went there, massive range or sizes, good quality, excellent price.  Over the last year I’ve purchased three the same (at different times, so stable stocks/brands).

May be worth searching your local paper.  The place I ended up finding was an hour drive away from me, but they also do flooring, staircases, etc and everything is in stock.  I’m sure such places must exist all over the place.

Ian