This is a long shot!

eamonn

I wonder if anyone can help. I'm looking for an English chainsaw carver who it is believed moved to France and perhaps came from theeast of England.. We saw an eagle carved sitting on rocks in Wales and have just had some Oaks cut down that we want carving. The lady who had the sculpture couldn't remember his name but said that she thought he also worked  with wood in other ways. I hope it's ok to put my request here, I've put the same question on another section.

Thankyou in advance, Eamonn. 

This is my first post, but I couldn't not having read the above! The person you're looking for eamon can only be Chris. We met him last summer at a small local event in the Creuse, we heard chainsaws starting up and wandered over to the noise to watch him 'speed' carve a carving. In ten minutes flat the whole of the village was watching him! The way he was using the chainsaws could only have meant that he had been allowed out of the lunatic asylum for the day, he scared me to death! My husband who is a trained chainsaw user was practically covering his eyes! Chris donated the carving to the commune and they auctioned it off for commune funds. He's also about to carve a totem pole for the local school as a donation in Le Grand Bourg, a project worth well into four figures. He made us a four poster bed and wardrobe that are just to die for, there can't be many folk who can chainsaw carve one day and make fine furniture the next! This is not an advert for him (as you can imagine he's in great demand) just a statement from two people who are now his friends.

His telephone number is 05 55 62 02 54 ( I just spoke to him and he's OK with putting his number on here).

Lyn & Martin,( Masvinier, Creuse)

Thanks for the call Lyn! I've made contact now. Thanks for the observations on the lunacy, the reality is that it really is very safe....with time and practice. I'm very much looking forward to the totem project, I've just about decided on the theme, it will reflect rural French life, a buzzard landing on the roof of a castle which is set on rocks, perhaps with steps leading to a door in the castle with salmon leaping over the rocks and so on and seats projecting from the bottom of the pole so the children may be a part of it. It feels good to be giving to the commune that has accepted us with open arms rather than taking, as we did in the UK. I've trained the Headteacher how to make decent tea and requested at leat 5 mugs a day.....my only condition of contract! The project starts on June 1st unless it's p****** it down at L'ecole primaire, Le Grand Bourg in the Creuse, all are welcome for a chat.

And thankyou too Phil for your kind comments.

Chris