Disposing of concrete

DorothyJ

Having inherited masses of concrete (in plank, post and large lumps) when we bought our house, we are now wanting to get rid of it. Can anyone help with how, where or who please? It is too big and/or too heavy to put it in our trailer and I dont know whether the dechetterie would accept it anyway. Suggestions? Dorothy

Our dechetterie will take 'builder's rubble' (incl concrete), but you should check with yours however.

Your problem to get it there though.  Find a friendly small builder with a tipper who might be able help you out? 

Thank you both will try the friendly farmer as we know of at least two and we dont mind waiting. But I would like to be independent and hire a skip but is there such a thing in France? Also we are just at the beginning of updating our fosse septique and will be looking for devis for this work. Would they cart stuff away. In France I never take anything for granted but the thought of a big digger coming with nothing to do but dig big holes and trenches it seems too good an opportunity to miss!

Dorothy

ask the marie where the nearest place is that they are looking to reclaim or level land.. he might be able to help... builders merchants might know too...  dont think you will have a problem... and theres always someone with a truck if you flash a few sheckles and half a goat....

what dept are you in... I have a guy near me who is moving 15 tons of rubble this week for me for about 500 euros...

monti

We have tonnes and tonnes of old broken tiles we want rid of.   I have seen that sometimes the local farmers use this to lay down paths etc, presumably to stop tractors sinking down into mud in wet weather.   I have been trying to pluck up courage to ask our two farmers in immediate viscinity if they want this.    Dont want to make a complete idiot of myself or look like i am trying to get them to get rid of it for free for me (although of course i am come to think of it!), but only if they can use it.   Has anyone else had such hard core gratefully accepted by local farmers if they come and take it away ?