Plasterboard and Map adhesive

Pete-Normandy

Hi

From the tone of your post I assume you are looking for some qualification before you try the method yourself?

It is a method, but requires skill, imagine how you are going to level those boards and end up with a vertical 90 and level, it really is difficult. Did it once in 96, (it was the spec for the job) didnt enjoy it and as a professional found it an unsatisfactory method.

Unless you are used to these things, its easier to construct a frame from timber, dont use the metal framing available, its junk really, and most people use it because its a little less expensive than timber.

good luck

I personally think the metal frame if used properly and fixed well is an easy and effective system. My company has used it a lot. Unlkie wood it will not twist as it dries out later. It is cheaper than wood its true...but there are lots of other advantages in using the system. We also dot and dab the Map on the back of boards and have no problem in getting it level...but I agree the more you do it the easier it seems to be.

monti

Map and plasterboard is certainly OK if you have had new internal walls installed with Carré or blockwork.  That's what we had fitted to an internal blockwork partion wall.  But for rough stone walling I would think it pretty much impossible - which we also had and which was treated quite differently.