Glazing.

Chris Head

[quote user="Chris Head"]

I'm starting on a similar barn aperture soon but this time the setting is more formal as the interior of the barn will be living space. The framing is 150mm2 green Oak and there won't be any doors. I'm going to make seperate panels to go in the opening and will be using 6-6-6 DG units. The framing for the panels and all beading will be kiln dried Oak.

[/quote]

Chris

The glazing process I described is 'good enough' for glazing normal straightforward domestic scale windows. The project you describe above is a much more complex situation and you really do need to get a professionally specified design worked out.. I suggest you find an architect who is familiar with this sort of work.

bj

[quote user="bejay"][quote user="Chris Head"]

I'm starting on a similar barn aperture soon but this time the setting is more formal as the interior of the barn will be living space. The framing is 150mm2 green Oak and there won't be any doors. I'm going to make seperate panels to go in the opening and will be using 6-6-6 DG units. The framing for the panels and all beading will be kiln dried Oak.

[/quote]

Chris

The glazing process I described is 'good enough' for glazing normal straightforward domestic scale windows. The project you describe above is a much more complex situation and you really do need to get a professionally specified design worked out.. I suggest you find an architect who is familiar with this sort of work.

bj

[/quote]

I've been thinking a great deal about your statement bj and Robins reply below, I haven't been ignoring it, it's just provoked a train of thought that I wasn't, and still am not too sure how to communicate,  I'd like to take it to the working with wood section under a new thread later.

Do I detect some cynicism here, Robin? [;-)]

Had a similar email from a mate yesterday: early retired (given up more like!) aeronautical engineer, living in France full time, but goes back to the UK for odd consulting assignments.

His current bette noir are the equally spotty "Managers" and "Executives" who speak in endless gobbledegook and buzzword jargon, such as "Blue Sky" and Cascading Upwards (Show me such a waterfall, please!).

As he said, being a blunt and very clever Yorkshireman, "Lads in works will never cotton on to what twits are saying!"

And later on, "No wonder t'Airbus is such a disaster!" - from the UK's position, of course![6]