builders paper

londoneye

well, this is what OH calls it, but he has been known (!) to make up his own names for things ....

Apparently it comes in rolls and is very thick paper, and can be used eg to put down to protect floors when you are working.   We are shortly about to put down our first floor wooden flooring but with so much work still to do, we do need to find some way to protect the floor.   Failing something specific I suppose we can use tarps etc.

Does anyone know if such a thing exists here ?    I will own up now actually, I haven't searched on this one, as I normally do, so apologies if covered previously.

In order to protect a wood floor, you would need something thicker and more resilient than either paper or plastic sheeting. OK, both will protect against paint drops etc.

However, both are likely to suffer splits and placing/moving heavy equipment and tools will make marks and scores on the wood. Think in terms of table top protectors.

Personally, I would make the floor one of the last jobs..........

Sometimes floors have to be done before other works and not after.

I laid a new tongue and groove oak floor for a client last year and as the floors had to be laid before the partitions to get a full run through the building, we protected them by using 3mm plywood sheets . These are easy to cut and lay, give much better protection that dustsheets or plastic. They are also re-useable. Any blobs of ciment or filler than fall on them can be easily scraped off afterwards. I would never trust plastic/paper or dustsheets to protect a finished floor.

Paul.

Ah ha! That's probably the stuff that Allied Carpets in the UK sell for £12.95/sq.m, inluding free fitting!

No interest either over five years!

Carpet your whole house for £ 775 (+ £4,500 interest charges!).[6]

A cynic??[blink] Moi??[;-)]