Paint that `breathes'

Julie Clare

Thanks for message, had that one in mind, but wasn't sure whether they were the right sort, obviously they would be OK. I can get that in UK and take over.  It is new dry lined walls we would be painting.  We have a problem with damp stone walls that we need to rectify, and are working on that one, but I don't want to seal more damp in so am seeking a non vinyl distemper -type paint.

Cheers

Julie

Hi Mattjazz,

Sounds like what I need, has it a French name and brand, and can I get it in Big Mat or Weldoms (ex Maxibrico)?  We need to paint newly dry lined walls.  When we first bought the house, we made the mistake of slapping vinyl emulsion on everything, then wondered why it blistered and peeled off !!

Thanks again

Julie

If you are attaching plasterboard to a wall then most of the dampness will be between the wall and new plasterboard which I assume you have attached to a frame,probably metal,to give a new wall without the roughness of the original.

In that case I would use a good quality acrylic emulsion.

WHEN YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT A VINYL DISTEMPER YOU ARE MIXING UP TWO DIFFERENT PRODUCTS--THE DISTEMPER WAS THE OLD FASHIONED PRODUCT WHILE THE VINYL IS THE NAME FOR MODERN EMULSION PAINTS.