Where to buy a Fosse Septique / Fosse toutes Eaux

Frank & Rosie

Can anyone help with suppliers of Fosse Septiques or Fosse toute eaux. We need a 4000 litre one. Ideally we would like to be able to view and order on line. We are renovating a barn in the Dordogne (near Chalus) but are still resident in England. An idea of price would be good too!

brico marche sell them last time i was there they  were about 500 euros however that is probably the least expensive part of the installation you will need an etude this is a survey of the land and plans for the installation costs about 1500 euros i think then you will need someone to install the fosse and the filter and run off system. the i recently worked next to a company installing a fosse system for a gite and the  cost was about 5000 sterling plus the etude. Are you sure you want to buy a fosse without theetude and relevant permisssions required ?

Thank you for your reply Shimble. We have already got all the plans, ground study etc done and passed and are simply looking a 4000 llitre fosse at present. We have had a look at the Brico Marche web site and they only supply up to a 3000 litre - so no good. Thanks anyway.

hi

ok have a look for bonnehomme they do them the local brico only do 3000ltr ones ( you should have lied here and told them 3 bedrooms you would have got away with a 3000ltr one ) the soil test is something that has been dreamed up by the brits to rip off the brits you can do this yourself ,just go and see your mayor for the form,he might even say you donot need one you must fit a sand filter , the water from this then can go in to the ....anywhere you want . if you need more help pm me

dave

have a look here

http://s83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/daveolive/?start=60

i took some advice from a french artisan that installs fosse septics today and just to clarify. yes the etude or study is not obligatoire however in two years time therethere will be a mise au norme obligatoire this means that ifa fosse is installed now without the etude in two years time the installation may not be accepted as complying with the regulations and could be considered to be outside the norms and thus redundant. therefore the etude would be considered wise over a long term period as any fosse installed to the requirements of the etude will remain within those regulations. As far as buying the materials the artisan i spoke to normally gets his materal from "Laine Materieux" there is one based in Antrain but i do not know if this supplier has other branches  ive tried the site linked from the pages jauneswebsite but it is under construction