french Norme/macerators/fosse septiques

maude

Just had another commune public rendez-vous regarding updates to the individual systems!!!!.Run by the local SPANC organisation.However it is very difficult(French) to get some form of definitive technical info.Does anyone kindly know whether it is in order to have macerator toilet waste piped to the fosse septique.I have been told that ;a) it causes problems with carry over and fouling of the sand filter

b) no problems

The problems never seem to be answered.Last time I asked SPANC technical questions,I only received the order forms to order a seperate consultancy ground survey at 435 euros.Do not yet want to do this as it automatically opens a dossier at the Mairie and follow on reports as to work in progress.    Thanks for any replies,  Maude

[quote user="maude"]

Does anyone kindly know whether it is in order to have macerator toilet waste piped to the fosse septique.I have been told that ;a) it causes problems with carry over and fouling of the sand filter

[/quote]

Hi

If you consider the normal treatment of waste thru the fosse, the solids sink to the bottom and are partially digested by bacteria, the liquid filters out at a higher level to prevent solids entering the filter bed.

The macerator action makes the solids small enough to pass thru the small bore piping, but they are not turned to liquid of course, and solid particles still exist and being smaller and lighter may well exit with the waste water, thus it is feasible that the piping in the filter bed can become blocked.

However, I dont know you have any other option than to run it to the fosse?

sorry can't be more helpful