Ikea kitchens

rosebud

Does anyone out there have an experience with Ikea kitchens and their fitters?  We are thinking of taking them on for a fitted kitchen.... comments and experience/advice would be greatly appreciated.  Is it cheaper/better to buy in the UK and take out with us, or to buy in France?

Ikea don't have fitters as such, but they will recommend a firm. I fitted an Ikea kitchen for my sister here in UK, and one point that is worth bearing in mind is that the units go flush back to the wall with no gap to accomadate pipes, so unless all your plumbing is exterior you need to adapt it so the pipes fit behind the units.  As to the price differencial, the items I have priced up are about the same whether bought here or in France.

[quote user="Jo"]Ikea don't have fitters as such, but they will recommend a firm. I fitted an Ikea kitchen for my sister here in UK, and one point that is worth bearing in mind is that the units go flush back to the wall with no gap to accomadate pipes, so unless all your plumbing is exterior you need to adapt it so the pipes fit behind the units.  As to the price differencial, the items I have priced up are about the same whether bought here or in France.
[/quote]

No problem to fix two timbers along the wall top and bottom and there you go - one gap. The worktops come in different depths to accomodate this

Check online at both UK and France website to compare prices (not necessarily the same as instore prices)

Danny

Hi Foxy!

I took out a flat-pack kitchen from Ikea from the UK to our cottage last Easter. It was very reasonably priced, well constructed and if I can put it together – anyone can! Also, all the units, hinges and drawer fittings come with a 25 year guarantee! (Not the doors, for obvious reasons). The oven and hob was purchased from local guy, but all the cupboards, worktops, sink and taps came from Ikea.

You can go online and download a brilliant kitchen design tool. All you need are the dimensions of your kitchen area.

Now that Ikea are expanding in France, check out your nearest store. Prices are similar and if you buy in France, you don’t have to lug umpteen boxes hundreds of miles!

Really pleased with Ikea stuff – go for it!

I've tried to add some photos, but failed miserably! Drop me a e-mail if you want to see the finished result.

Cheers!