Product for preventing moss on roof?

chocccie

Apparently, if you run a bare copper wire along the ridge line, the rain (being faintly acidic) will dissolve some of the copper, wash down the roof and deter the moss from growing, some lawn moss-killers being copper-based, it seems. It sounds plausible, but not guaranteed!

M

[quote user="Bugbear"]I quite like moss on my roof............................[:)][/quote]

Me too ... but not quite as much as is there!  It just looks like a massive green sponge sitting on my roof holding loads of water in it.  It's about 5cm thick in places.

[quote user="chocccie"]

[quote user="Bugbear"]I quite like moss on my roof............................[:)][/quote]

Me too ... but not quite as much as is there!  It just looks like a massive green sponge sitting on my roof holding loads of water in it.  It's about 5cm thick in places.

[/quote]

That does sound quite a lot. The birds remove a lot of ours for their nests but I can't get them to do it uniformly[:D]

You could always harvest it and sell it to the garden centres.

[Www]

Well I have bookmarked it coops![:)]

We have old slate tiles and the moss and lichen take a hold very quickly and they are eating into the slates.It looks nice, but it's clearly damaging the tiles.

Ours was cleared by the previous owner last spring  and will certainly need redoing by next spring.

Rather than 'poison' the stuff I'd prefer to paint something on to repel it.....although that would probably cause some other problems with the roof then!