new chauffe-eau

newbiee

[quote user="newbiee"]

What literature!!  [:@]

Thanks for the info  [:)]

[/quote]

The rating plate – in additon

to stating the voltage and wattage – should have a time on it, usually

something like ‘8h30’. This is the re-heat from cold time.

p

If it doesn't have a rating plate, then suggest you contact the chap whose wagon if fell off the back of [;-)]

[quote user="Gyn_Paul"]

If it doesn't have a rating plate, then suggest you contact the chap whose wagon if fell off the back of [;-)]

[/quote]

That'll be Mr Bricolage then!

thanks for the plate into ... it's been switched on since yesterday afternoon and is still only hand hot ... not hot enough to wash dishes well.

Dont do what I did with a tired and presbyte eye, wire up the steatite model the same as the last 3 thermoplongée models as it bypasses the thermostat.

If you do make that mistake (which is very easy as the instructions are universal) do not compound it by switching it on marche forcée in the evening to be followed by the heures creuses.

I can attest that 14 hours of constant heating creates the most impressive super-saturated steam generator that I have ever seen, the volume of unbearably hot steam was enough to fill the whole house and the vapour escaping looks just like smoke so the pompiers were called.

Not even my house but the girlfriend's who par hazard had chosen that moment to pop home from work to see how things were going, all in all not my best day[:D].

She was not impressed by my claims that I was trying to fulfill her desire to own a sauna but had to admit that it was her fastest journey from work following the fire engines!

I do not think anybody has explained where the thermostat is.

Switch off at the mains, remove a white plastic cover from underneath the cylinder and you should find a small knurled plastic wheel. I suspect it is at the coldest setting. Try moving it to midway, replace the cover swithch on and recheck the water tommorrow morning.