Replacement windows (Dept 17 or 79)

Cinders1850

Hello everyone,

I'm not a regular poster but I drop in from time to time and I've found lots of useful information here.

I'm waiting for planning permission to replace old wooden windows with PVC ones but am spoilt for choice (according to pagesjaunes.fr).    I was wondering if anyone can recommend an artisan in Charente-Maritime/Deux-Sevres (around the area of St Jean d'Angely/Niort/La Rochelle) who would be able to supply and fit them? 

Thanks in advance [:)]

Ruffec may be too far inland for you? We used Nord Charente Bois in Ruffec (they do upvc, not just 'bois'). Their prices were very competitive and if they supply and fit you get TVA at 5.5% (usually) on the supply AND fitting. It hardly seems worth doing it yourself.

LaPeyre good value too but they use independant fitters so you can't guarantee you'll get good workmanship. There have been some bad reports on this forum. 

Sid

Dont forget your tax allowance for any energy saving windows you install!

If you have applied for planning permission, you wont be spoilt for choice of style of window, believe me!!!  Biggest mistake we made was invloving the marie, all the french people thought we were mad informing them!!

Lollie

Cinders,

Don't despair about having to wait a couple of months. The macon i work with was told that his planning application required approval from the Dept of Historical Monuments and he would get an answer by July. Last week full approval was received - four months earlier than expected!

With regard to Lapeyre, they are good value but there are concerns about their quality and the point about the fitters is spot-on.

[quote user="timc17"]

Cinders,

Don't despair about having to wait a couple of months. The macon i work with was told that his planning application required approval from the Dept of Historical Monuments and he would get an answer by July. Last week full approval was received - four months earlier than expected!

With regard to Lapeyre, they are good value but there are concerns about their quality and the point about the fitters is spot-on.

[/quote]

Yes, sometimes they surprise us when we're least expecting it!  Hopefully I won't have much longer to wait for mine.

Have you looked at Point P, perhaps a little more expensive than Lapeyre. One neighbour of ours used them, very good quality - they chose a local Artisan to fit. Point P came and measured, choice of  UPVC or wood.

Bon chance.