China door handle

phylisbide

We have some of those and they are always breaking or dropping off[:(]  I used to buy various bits at Weldom, which has now become Bricomarche.  I don't think I ever bought just the "sausage", but certainly didn't have to buy the whole thing.

Chrissie (81)

"I used to buy various bits at Weldom, which has now become Bricomarche"

Since when?  The one in Villefranche de Roeurgue is still Weldom as is the one in Albi in 81.  There are 298 other branches still Weldom also. See here http://www.weldom.com/

It would help if we knew where the OP actually lived, as what we have in the SW for brico shops,  is not what they have in the west, north west  south east etc etc

There are 300 of them and AFAIK they are franchises under the Weldom banner, so they can change branding at any time, payments at Villefranche go to ets Colomb who have other interests in the area.  I have always found their after sales service to be excellent, compared with Mr Whatisname!![blink]

[quote user="phylisbide"]Door handle -brass anad china 'sausage' shape. Screw not poperly fastened - china part has fallen off and smashed. Can one buy new china 'sausage' ? If so, where? PB[/quote]

It would be usefeul if we knew where you are. 

There is a hardware/builders merchants store just outside of Périgueux ("Périgord Bois") that sells them.  We changed all our door handles for Limoges porcelain ones.