Haulage/Courier

Due to the current value of the pound we have found it cheaper to purchase cetain items here and then get them delivered to France. Has anyone used a haulage/courier company to deliver to central France. Currnetly have 2 tonne of porcelein tiles to deliver.

Look forward to hearing from you all

Lee

My sister and BIL own a haulage company in the UK, always busy and never short of work however it is now very hard to make a living and to transport anything across the channel is going to cost you plenty because of the fuel increases both sides and ferry/tunnel fares. They do have a smaller lorry if you wanted to contact them for a quote but to be honest you may find it cheaper to move it yourself bit by bit by rental van.

Lee

It's a bit late now but are you sure this is going to work out cheaper in the final analysis?

Tiles are one of those commodities which are plentiful here with good choices.

I take it that you've already bought them?

Sid

We have just moved a vanful of stuff from worcestershire to haute vienne.It was a luton van I think and they were so good at filling every space of it.It was al waiting with no breakages the very next day.They also do smaller loads if they can fit it in with another load.I will give you the name and number if you want,They charged us £1200.

We worked out that it wouldnt have worked out much cheaper had we hired a van and taken it over ourselves

On a recent visit to costaroma we found that floor tiles were 3 times the price of UK tiles. We were after very large floor tiles 600x600 black floor tiles. These were selling at £10 per metre, nothing close to this in France.

We have priced up a hire truck that will carry 1.5 tonne, though we have 2 tonne, plus potentially a spiral stiarcase, cast iron bed, B&Q kitchen and appliances, the hire is very reasonable through practical.

Just wanted to see whether someone was making the journey down to Limoges area and wanted to earn some extra cash for the journey.

Lee

It covered everything.They picked the load up on Monday morning then drove it down.We flew down to Limoges next day and by the time we got to the house at 4 o clock they were outside waiting to unload and had been there since 2.30.They unloaded in the pouring rain then carried on to Italy to pick another load up and bring it back to uk.We priced it all up doing it ourselves and hiring the van and petrol would have  been close on a thousand pound so we decided to let them do it for us at  that price.