Storage solution

bodie

I'm living in the Charente near Aigre.  I'm looking for a second hand shipping container (steel) to buy and have delivered to my home. Size 20'x8'.  Do any readers know of anywhere near me that sells and delivers these containers please?

Many thanks

Bodie

We also looked for a container some time ago & had no luck on the Forum.  A friend found a place that MAY supply them in Fontenay le Compte, La Vendee. I've got no details & 'cause we gave up on the idea. Have sent you a pm with her number.

Mrs Postie

Hi Anton

Yes, I seem to remember your suggestion - but like the container, finding  a supplier was the problem. A very good idea of yours 'cause an ex-refrigerated truck body would have been perfect for summer & winter. Could even be used as a small workshop or garden shed. Now that we live in France I might persue it further & if I find something I'll post it on the Forum.

Postie

We have got the back end of an old lorry as storage whilst our barn rebuild continues.   Very useful, plus its light enough to shift about (when empty of course) as necessary.   Our neighbour found it for us - cost 100 euros which is quite reasonable - probably worth more than that in aluminium scrap alone.