GU10 LED Downlighters in Kitchen

CeeJay

I am renovating my kitchen and would like to change the existing lighting, which is conventional incandescent lighting to more modern and efficient LED downlighters. I have a problem though as to how many will be sufficient. Is there a simple rule of thumb formula depending on size of room, or is it just suck and see.

I have had to suck it and see. Subjectly a 7 w downlighter is about equivalent to a 20w halogen but the 1.5 w led is nothing more than a 'gloom avoider' in between other lights (and mine is too blue) when i replace the 1.5 I will try the newer 3w warm whites. Good luck in finding supplies. I find I have to do it online.

John

All LED's are low voltage and require a LED driver module not a twelve volt transformer.

The light output is measured in lumens and the warmth in kelvin. Some new ones are coming to market that are a big improvement on the old.  I have the contact details of several suppliers but PM me if you want the info.

As it is new year you will have to wait a couple of days as I am away from tomorrow.

[quote user="Nick Trollope"][quote user="teapot"]

All LED's are low voltage

[/quote]

No they ain't - or rather a GU10 LED (the original question, remember) aren't. LED's themselves are current devices, but most LED "bulbs" are GU10 and hence mains voltage (GU10 is a mains-voltage spec).

[/quote]

Its the new year and I am not arguing, The packaged GU10 are manufactured to replace mains voltage lamps, the LED is only a low voltage device.[:D]