Waterproof shower/bathroom panels?

savoirflair

[quote user="savoirflair"]

I've just had a look at their website, but for the life of me I can't see anywhere that lists where the Lapeyre stores are!

[/quote]

Bottom of the page "Votre Magasin"[:)]

[quote user="savoirflair"]

Does anyone know if there is one in the Montpellier/Beziers area?

[/quote]

According to the map which that links to, there's one at Béziers.

Hi mattjazz - sounds like it.  What I have seen in the UK are large boards (8ft x 4ft I'm guessing) which are laminate on the front and are allegedly waterproof for you to use in showers/bathrooms etc.  Apparently you can put them over existing tiles - which sounds appealing! 

When you used your boards, were you pleased with the effect?  And how straightforward was it to fit them?

Amanda

We have these in our shower in the UK. 6 years later they still look as good as new, easy to clean and yes waterproof. They are made from marine ply with thick laminate sealed so water can not get in. Hubby says a doddle to fit but we didn't put them on existing tiles but yes you can do so. We have this make. http://www.epsombathrooms.co.uk/mermaid.html

I wouldn't know how to search for them in French unfortunately. If you find out can you pass it on as when we are ready to renovate our bathroom we will be using this rather than tiles.

I know what you mean we have plastic t&g ones on the roof. Yes they are not the same.

The mermaid ones come in large sheets so fewer joints.We only have a join in the corner and you can buy matching jointing strips making it entirely waterproof.