Getting Gassed Up

In an earlier discussion on this Forum, we looked at reversible inverter air con units. Many of you folks gave me some excellent information and advice most of which I have followed. I have now arranged to buy a Tri Split LG system at a particularly good price with the associated pieces to install the set up. The seller has, thankfully, been very candid with me and explained that while I might be able to complete the basic installation, it would be very wise to have an engineer come and gas up the system and finalise the connections etc.

So, what do I look for? What do we call such a person and can any of you recommend one who operates near Montmorillon in the south east of the Vienne.

Cheers - Paul

Any competent aircon engineer who offers a gassing/re-gassing service.

I would check which refridgerant your selected units are using and firstly seek some prices for the final connections and gassing.

I fear you might be rather horrified at the estimate!

Do demand and insist on a Devis for this.

300 to 600 euros is about the mark dependant upon the system and refrigerant capacity

Your supplier of the equipment should be able to put you in touch with someone

If not call in to a heating and plumbing supplier, thay will find a suitable artisan for you

Do not attempt to do it yourself, if you get it totally wrong you will have a wrecked compressor

I hope your house is well insulated as this type of system is best suited to a modern well insulated property

Le Plombier

[quote user="Le Plombier"]

300 to 600 euros is about the mark dependant upon the system and refrigerant capacity

[/quote]

Wot! I paid about 120€ for a professional job.

This was a single unit, check all connections, pull a vacumn and then open up the relevant valves in the correct sequence, followed by a through leak check.  The gas was already in the inverter unit (R410A I think).