Help / Advice from French Qualified Electrician /Tarn Area

John Sergant

Hi

I will soon be undertaking the rewiring of a large old house and would like the help / advise / services of a French Qualified electrician on for the planning of the installation.  My budget is not enough to pay for the work but enough to pay for a “consultant”. I am confident in my abilities to do the physical work.

If you can help can you please send a PM

Thanks

Thanks - Yes I would buy a publication, but as you say, this covers 90% and my French knowledge would restric my understanding.  I would happily pay a qualified elctrician for there help.  I would be more than capable on installing a safe system, but it would make sense to have it fully complying, the material cost will be high so a few hundred euros could be money well spent

Seriously "L'Installation Electrique" is such a good book, replete with excellent illustrations, that I commend it to anybody as a first stage in the process. In particular it will help to define what points you need and where, and the number of circuits you need (which always seem to be far more than the equivalent UK system)

Installation electrique is certainly the best book but I can also recommend "Electricity pas à pas" (step by step) which I found easy to follow in my early days when my French was no existant, it has plenty of photos and cartoons.

ISBN 2-732-4119-7

Good luck, if you are competent and confident with UK electrics you will have nothig to fear in France except perhaps the price of materials especially a populated tableau.