solar lights

chirpy

hi,I bought some and put one in garden for 2 days and it is sunny now...but at night no illumination....how long do they take to charge?they were cheap 10 for 10euro at Brico with a claim of 6 hours min. to charge them[I]

Yes there is often a switch on the underside of the unit. Had these for several years and the batteries tend to fail in time. On some I have had the solar cells degrade and become damaged by the radiation and give lower output. Battery is the most common failure however. I like the ones that change colour...........................JR

THANKS ALL!!![:D]

Someone said they were idiot proof   but I seemed to prove that theory wrong.[:-))]

When my wife saw me buying them she complained stating they ould be junk at that price and I had aWoolworth's mentality!!

We argued for 2 days over them and I did not notice there was a switch inside[:$] nor translate the FRENCH instructions.[:$].nor did she! [:P]

I hope she is not behind me watching me type this !!![6]

These came with the solar cell connected to the  white clear tube  and I could not see the  switch and automatically thought they were the same as my pool alarm,which does not have any switches.It justs works![:D]

Well good idea this forum replied otherwise she would EITHER  have had me back to the shop asking for an AVOIR  or a D     I   V   O   R   C   E  ![I]

I know my place as she is an excellent cook ......difficult to find these days...I suppose that is why people get married 2-3 times,TRYING TO FIND A GOODONE..

T omorrow I will plant the10([I] lights in a corn circle !!!

What you have to do is to keep them in a dark room for several daze after buying then and only put them outside after midnight. That way  they get accustomed to your home situation, they are very sensitive! After that you can let them out in the sunshind fore an hour each day, but NOT if it's raining!

Then after about 3 weeks of conditioning you can let them outide for several hours in the sunshine. This way they will be able to define the difference between light, sunshine, rain, cloud and dark. Thus, they will light your dark nights, if the sun has shone for enough hours in the day, and you will be happy in your tight fisted approach in expecting to pay 1€ for a lamp tht has a battery that if it was any good would have cost 4 times that amount without the light fitting[:-))][6][kiss]

There is always a getout and that is the one I always follow "If all else fails, read the instructions"?

It's TriDome Q!!

IN GROUND NOW AND WATERED THEM THIS MORNING,AS IT IS HOT AND SUNNY.I DID NOT WANT THEM TO SUFFER.[:D]

4 hours later and a strange thing is happening  [8-)]...... they were 36 cms high,but they are bending towards the sun and have started to sprout a side wire which is almost 75 cms long and coming towards the house and windows at an alarming rate .........................   

.......like bloody triffids!![:'(]

How do i switch them off.... [:'(]

oh no there coming to get me  [:'(]  

.....help....[:'(]

.agh...................................

[quote user="Ab"]

IN GROUND NOW AND WATERED THEM THIS MORNING,AS IT IS HOT AND SUNNY.I DID NOT WANT THEM TO SUFFER.[:D]

4 hours later and a strange thing is happening  [8-)]...... they were 36 cms high,but they are bending towards the sun and have started to sprout a side wire which is almost 75 cms long and coming towards the house and windows at an alarming rate .........................   

.......like bloody triffids!![:'(]

How do i switch them off.... [:'(]

oh no there coming to get me  [:'(]  

.....help....[:'(]

.agh...................................

[/quote]

Tell the wife to sort it! [:D]

Slight thread drift but.........we bought some, 6 for 18 euros and one for 50 euro. There was no difference in longevity or performance price wise but overall they were less than promised on the packaging in terms of lighting.

Successful use of solar lighting ? Anyone got any comments ?

Smile

W