Kitchen Floor Stains

Jo

I have a tiled kitchen floor, "old stone tile effect" from Bricolage, it has been laid for about 4 years, and we finally moved out permanently over a year ago bringing 2 dogs and 2 cats. It was fine to start with, but with the increased traffic and dog drool[+o(] it has started to get stained in places. A normal Flash type product cleans the overall dirt but not the stains, and everything else I've tried, including my trusted Bar Keepers Friend[:(]has no effect. I'm now beginning to wonder if the tiles were ever sealed[I] What could I use to 'strip' the floor back? I have a bottle of Acide Chlorhydrique but didn't want to try it until I'd asked for advice[geek] Don't want to make it any worse!!

[quote user="Jo"]I have a tiled kitchen floor, "old stone tile effect" from Bricolage, it has been laid for about 4 years, and we finally moved out permanently over a year ago bringing 2 dogs and 2 cats. It was fine to start with, but with the increased traffic and dog drool[+o(] it has started to get stained in places. A normal Flash type product cleans the overall dirt but not the stains, and everything else I've tried, including my trusted Bar Keepers Friend[:(]has no effect. I'm now beginning to wonder if the tiles were ever sealed[I] What could I use to 'strip' the floor back? I have a bottle of Acide Chlorhydrique but didn't want to try it until I'd asked for advice[geek] Don't want to make it any worse!!

[/quote]

I used to recommend the HG range to our customers in the tile shop in the UK and I still use it here in France.

Mr Bricolage sells their range where I live.

(not link to them whatsoever - just a happy customer)

If you decide to use acide chloridrique, do make sure the room is ventilated during and after use, as well as following the advice given above.

Thanks very much for the advice, will try the acid taking good note of the safety precautions[geek] Used to be the health and safety rep where I worked last so at least I have a bit of training around hazardous substances! Presumably any of the regular sealers will do to protect it afterwards?