Gr8 plumber and kitchen fabricator, shame about the electrician!!

Chezstevens

Well, it has taken 3 months (including being diagnosed with a tumour in my spinal cord) but the kitchen is finally done. Having attended a course in the UK, I am a competent individual (cskills Utilities Engineering : Electrics) that also bought the french electrical installation books, both system and distribution. I have to smile at the "work" our expert from near Lezay had undertaken. Still, the tableau has been updated with RCDs (4) and microswitches (16) and has another tableau next to it, the 3 phase is balanced (as much as it can be for a domestic supply).

I was keen to use another electrician that gave us a quote, after the original guy departed, but I asked a question and received no reply.

So....thoughts.... with the right training (5 long, expensive but rewarding days) then there is nothing to concern an individual with working on a domestic supply ... certainly beats the carnage that a disinterested individual can cause.

Checked circuits for continuity, insulation and RCD. Time to open a beer. Thank you to all that took an interest in the events at Chez Nous :)

• 2 weeks later...
Interesting day, my wife had 2 gendarmes visit the property after a complaint from the electrician who had done the poor work to our house. He complained that by disclosing the colour of his van and his town on the internet, everybody knew that he had done the poor work.  I believe my wife expressed some surprise and explained that the electrician had done less than 2 days work, kept the deposit (1/3 of devis) and done this ..... offering to show the poor workmanship to the 2 gendarmes.  Further explained that his name was not publicly disclosed and that if anybody had a complaint it is us.

[quote user="Chezstevens"]Interesting day, my wife had 2 gendarmes visit the property after a complaint from the electrician who had done the poor work to our house. He complained that by disclosing the colour of his van and his town on the internet, everybody knew that he had done the poor work.  I believe my wife expressed some surprise and explained that the electrician had done less than 2 days work, kept the deposit (1/3 of devis) and done this ..... offering to show the poor workmanship to the 2 gendarmes.  Further explained that his name was not publicly disclosed and that if anybody had a complaint it is us.[/quote]

How does he plan to prove that you are Chezstevens and had disclosed the colour of his van?

:) Was the thread started in France? What IPs were logged ... who do they belong to? Am I a Vietnamese troll that enjoys winding up folks?

But seriously ... truth beats any defamation claims (as does time limitations).

I believe other artisans may be aware of the individual. Why? Cos other folks were about at the time - cup of tea on a site and it might be discussed. Let's face it ... folks do slag off their competitors sometimes:)

Main thing for artisans to take away from this .... do what was agreed at site meeting, not what is easier (especially if priced for the harder work). If you don't, then you might find an annoying SOB hassling you for a while.

• 2 months later...