Wood screw to machine screw fixing name???

Jonzjob

Here's another name, but again Canadian.

[url]http://www.desormeau.com/fr/produits/type/vis-a-pattes-de-table/[/url]

I just realised I have a couple of M8 ones which are/were sold in Mr Bricolage for fixing into concrete with an epoxy kit. They are sold separately in sizes M6 x 70, M8 x 100, M10 x 100 and M12 x 100. Brand is RED HEAD and they are referred to as goujons

EDIT: Goujon acier is better

Ta for the quick replies folks. We will be going out tomorrow so I will see about going into a brico and looksee..

If all else fails they are there on amazon.fr!![:-))]

The acier isn't really a requirement as they are going to be used to fit 'bun feet' that I am turning to some stools that a friend is making. So nothing very strenuous.

I found them in the local Tridom, brico, but I'm going to have a look in a wood yard I know. Goujons seem to be recognised??

If I were to scratch me tête I would finish up spending the next 1/2 hour picking the splinters out of me fingers [:-))] Ta for trying though [:D]

[quote user="ericd"]I would call them "vis de fixation pour colliers de plomberie" but the machined part is awfully longer than the real item. Have you found what you needed or do I need to scratch my head further?[/quote]

Whilst that is exactly what he asked for I doubt that he will be able to use them because in typical French style they have chosen a completely non standard thread and one that doesnt even appear in any of the non preffered thread sizes for the machine screw threaded part, their only use is for their intended use, you can however remove the square captive nuts from pipe colliers to bricole them elsewhere. They are also used with colliers IRL for electric gaines.

Pate à vis bois is what they are called, I think the ones Jonzjob is looking for are called pate à vis bois/métal  that was the name that came into my head when he asked.

Easier than that really. All I needed to do was to say I want some of these and show em one [8-|]

They are on the racks in the sheds too, but I want to get into a wood place in Salvasa where I think they will be better quality and cheaper. I need to get some wood from there anyway.

Ta for all the effort folks [B]