Complete France Forum

School Photos

krusty

I went to Our Lady Of The Blessed Shamrock in County Kildare, and I'm so dissapointed not to find it in the database [:@] Mind you, we had no cameras in them days back in Kildare, but we used to have a nun come in every easter and cut out our silouhettes on black paper and then sell them to our mammies  for truppence. I will never forget the one year me poor mammy never had enough money to buy me silhouette. It was Holy thursday when she told me the news after she finished moisturising me ears with a bit of butter. I asked her "Mammy would it not be better if we had our ears on the inside of our heads like them fishes and then we could spare the owl bit of butter" She looked at me and said "shur how would you keep them moisturised if they were on the inside of your head" I felt a right eejit indeed! Of course these days I use Nivea instead of the butter and even at my age (29) me ears are so soft to the touch and could indeed belong to a much younger person.

[quote user="FurryKnickers "]I went to Our Lady Of The Blessed Shamrock in County Kildare, and I'm so dissapointed not to find it in the database [:@] Mind you, we had no cameras in them days back in Kildare, but we used to have a nun come in every easter and cut out our silouhettes on black paper and then sell them to our mammies  for truppence. I will never forget the one year me poor mammy never had enough money to buy me silhouette. It was Holy thursday when she told me the news after she finished moisturising me ears with a bit of butter. I asked her "Mammy would it not be better if we had our ears on the inside of our heads like them fishes and then we could spare the owl bit of butter" She looked at me and said "shur how would you keep them moisturised if they were on the inside of your head" I felt a right eejit indeed! Of course these days I use Nivea instead of the butter and even at my age (29) me ears are so soft to the touch and could indeed belong to a much younger person.[/quote]

FK - Sorry you couldn't find your school silhouette(s).  They'll be waiting for you to collect at the Pearly Gates, where everything awaits everybody because you are a good person and St Peter is sure to let you in.

Incidentally, how do you keep the inside of your nose soft?  Did your Ma have a remedy for that?

Archived