Just thought I'd ask if anyone else has had an experience like this. We posted our acceptance forms by recorded delivery on 23rd sept. they arrived in France approx. 1.30am on 24th and the bank has still not got them!!
The agent by now is getting hysterical and she has just sent yet another email saying I will loose my deposit if it doesn't get sorted!!
She is saying that once the bank tell the notary that they have the forms he has to request the transfer of the balance and he has to do this by post and it can take 8 days, this I can believe!! But the bank say he can request the transfer, apple de sons, by fax and they can do it in 24hrs!! So there is still no need to worry, only if the forms never turn up!! The bank is sending us another copy which we can return by courier so even if this does happen we will still be able to go ahead, we are supposed to sign on 12/10/02, removal men are booked, ferry is booked for us, HELP!!!PANIC PANIC!!!
Does anyone know whether you can do it all on the last day in France, it only happens like this in the UK everyone wuld be up in arms if solicitors had peoples money in their bank for more than 5mins!!! But I know this is France so we should do it their way!!
Lyn.

Why should you lose your deposit? The compris surely had a clause saying the sale depended on you getting a mortgage, so until your acceptance forms arrive back with the bank you have not, in theory, got the mortgage have you?
I would think it is the agent worrying about her commission that is making her jump up and down (she is not is Uzerche in the Correze by any chance is she?:>)
Take a deep breath, calm down and try to relax, I am sure it will all fall into place, nerveracking as it seems now! We were supposed to sign last December and due to various problems had to wait until May this year - I had no fingernails left!

Bon Courage!
Mary