Declaration de Ressources Annee 2003

Lollie

We have just received our first form from CAF, hubby transferred to French office in April last year so have his salary in Euros April - Dec, but how do we show my salary in UK prior to move and his sterling salary prior to move;
We spoke to HR in the french office and they advise showing UK salary before Tax, then someone else said UK salary after tax! but do we convert to euros first?
Are we best leaving blank UK side and sending in copies of our payslips? Anyone else going thru same?

Lorraine

I had to complete one for my maternity payments but it was for 2002. I enclosed a copy of my husbands p60 or payslips if it had been for this year. Calculated it into euros using present roe and noted it for them, then wrote down what the gross, tax and net was. Havent heard anything from them so assume it was filled in ok.

Same position. *Please* don't take this as gospel, but my belief from reading around is that in the first year, you have officially transferred to become a FR tax resident and only the income received since the date you transfered needs to be declared.

We will prepare both full year/since arrival forms and go to see the taxman at his seance...