Taxes fonciere - Help, which address?

Coral

I  have tried to do a search for advice but I can't find anything to help.

I have just received the taxes fonciere demand  for a studio flat I bought a year ago.  It took rather a long time to reach me so it is panic stations! I intend to send a cheque but I am not sure who I make it out to or which address I send it to.

I assume the address for the CDIF on the upper left of the form they sent is for some kind of claim.  There is another address for the Tresor Public on the upper right.  Also the bit at the bottom that I believe I have to cut out and send along with the cheque gives another address for the Tresor Public.

But do I have to sign the bit I cut out. I am a bit hesitant about doing so as I think it says it's about a direct debit.

So, someone please help.  I have to send it off tomorrow to make sure it arrives in time.

Coral - soon to be in Ariege

I presume you have a French bank account.

The tear out bit should be signed and dated and sent with a RIB (you can photocopy one from your chequebook) and send it to the address of the regional computer centre (on the tear out form).

The money will be deducted from your account as though you had sent a cheque. You are not setting up a direct debit authority as you understand it in England. Next year, when you receive your tax demand you will see that your bank details will be printed on the tear out section. Until you have signed this and sent it back, no money will be taken from your account.

Just treat the form as a preprinted cheque.

You send your payment cheque along with the tear-off slip NOT signed to the Trésor Public address on the second page top right which is either in the same town or nearest one to your property. If you want to pay by Direct Debit in future, then all you do is send a RIB from your cheque book, nothing to sign.

I paid via the internet yesterday and it was a doddle. (Had to use Google translate a couple of times to reassure myself that I was doing it correctly and I've printed a number of screens just to keep convincing myself that it's all OK).