Taxe - online payment problems

Paul_Gyn

Hi,

I remember reading a thread a few weeks ago from someone who seemed to be in a similar position to me, but - predictably - I now can't find it.

I elected to pay my Taxe Fonciere on line which the system accepted and thanked me for, then sent me not only a confirmation but also the forms to set up a 'forme d'adhérer' which looks -to me - like the neccessary form for the Centre des impots to direct debit the taxe every year. This is NOT what I wanted to do (I have experience of them, and don't trust them to do it right: the friend from whom we bought this house continued to suffer automatic DD's AND receive final demands for non-payment for 4 years after we bought (and took over the taxe payments for) this house) I want to be able to instruct the payment manually on receipt of each year's bill.

So I did nothing with them having read the thread from another concerned poster and here we are now passed the date limite de paiement 16/10/04 with nothing gone out of my account.

What do you think? do I wizz down to the Tressor with a cheque, and run the risk of paying them twice (with fat chance of ever getting it back), or wait and see if the money does actually go out of my CA account?

paul

Hi Paul,

I am in an identical position to you.  I just checked my account and no payment has been taken.

Like you I also did not want to set up a d.d. so did not send the other form to my bank.

I did, however, at the time of payment, send an e-mail querying whether my online transaction was complete and in order.  Needless to say in typical French fashion it was ignored.

I check my bank account every day in expectation of the amount being removed.

I also intended to pay my T. d. H. online but as yet have not received the demand despite the final date for payment being mid Nov.  When I telephoned to determine whether the demand had gone out I was informed that it had not. 

Have you received a demand for your T. d. H. yet?

Jon

Hi,

Yes,  I've done the same with the Taxe d'habitation, but at least with that we have a few weeks to try and clear up the problem.

Like you, I'll be logging on to CAAV every morning with a deeper and deeper sense of doom!

Anyone know what the penalty for late payment for the Taxe Fonciere is?

Actually, what Jon and I need to know in order to sleep at night is - Is there anyone out there who signed up to pay online AND SENT THE FORMS OFF TO THE BANK. And if so, have you had the money taken out of your bank yet?

paul 

• 2 weeks later...

I first paid our taxe Fonciere on line in 2003 - First I had to register my intention to pay and then I had to wait for the Tresor Public to send me (by post) confirmation that I had registered with the "adhesion de telereglement" attached. As instructed I forwarded the "adhesion au telereglement" along with a RIB to our bank in France. Then went back on line to actually make the payment - it was 5 days after the due date by this time but I was not not levelled any surcharge.

This year the Taxe Fonciere bill arrived with all the bank details completed - However I still had to go online and authorise the payment. Although the process was much simpler as everything was already set up.

I don't think that sending the "adhesion au telereglement" sets up a direct debit as we know it in the UK - it merely registers the fact that you wish to make payments online in the future. It is purely "Pour satisfaire aux reglement de la profession bancaire". (It also allows you to pay by Minitel if you wish)

Did the TdH for the first time this year and the process was the same except you can download the "attestation" from the web site and don't have to wait for it to come in post.

Generally speaking I find the whole "telegrement" system very impressive.

Hagar

I've never had to go near the bank.When I first recieved a demand I paid by cheque but indicated on the form(ticked a box) and sent a "RIB"to them;since then,I receive the demands with my bank details filled in-I check,sign and return-they then take it direct from the bank.

I sent a cheque early in September for our tax as I have had problems with the postal system in the past.  I kept checking bank account on line and the money never went out so eventually (and as it got nearer the deadline) e mailed the department.  Received a response saying they hadnt received it so tackled the on-line payment system.  As others have said, I got the response saying that it had been successful etc., but attaching documents to send to bank for future payments.

I didnt send the bank authorisation documents to our bank for some time as I didnt necessarily want to authorise future payments, however, the money still didnt leave our bank account so I thought that maybe it needed these signed documents to pay the tax for this year.

Big mistake .  Checked bank account on line last night and it has now been paid twice which was of course my dread as I now have to chase up a refund.  Should have gone with my gut instinct and trusted the french culture in that they are just incredibly slow at most things which is of course why we love the place most of the time.  I was just worried about being a late payer but I didnt really want to be a double payer

Carole (87)