checking plots numbers of land

i am selling my barn which is 10 metres from my house separated by a garden, there is a line on the map  which separates the garden from the barn and plot number for barn (70) and plot number for garden (180) but theres no mesurments of actual plots and now  the notares have told me the man has done the asbestos report on the barn but says he noticed the map of the plots of land on the paper he look at is different than the reality, how much and who  to get it official with mesurments 

Go to your Geometre (sorry bout speling) (look in phone book or ask the notaire he will do this for you and he is the ONLY one who may.  He will put yellow blocks in the land and these may not be moved by anyone.  It will cost you 600 euro.   It is simple, it is fast and it is beyond dispute.

Good luck

thanks for replys, do you mean put yellow blocks on the plots of land on a sheet of paper, but does the notare inform the people at the local goverment planning people in the town and does it include the mesurments in metres

[quote user="woody234"]thanks for replys, do you mean put yellow blocks on the plots of land on a sheet of paper, but does the notare inform the people at the local goverment planning people in the town and does it include the mesurments in metres[/quote]

He (or she) will come out and place the blocks (which have big spikes under them) in the ground.  He is the man (or woman) who draws up the official maps.  It has been this way in France since Napolean.  Land Law in France is brilliant.  Poeple do not need to argue, just pay the Geo and all is done... NO DISPUTE.  Trust me I am a doctor

Wiskers is giving good advice.  I've instructed a geometre (sometimes called an expert, but pronounced ex-bare) in a land dispute.  He (not a she, this time) took about two hours to work out where all the boundries were on site, consulting with plans, and then hammered the blocks into the ground and that was that.

[quote user="Cathy"]

Wiskers is giving good advice.  I've instructed a geometre (sometimes called an expert, but pronounced ex-bare) in a land dispute.  He (not a she, this time) took about two hours to work out where all the boundries were on site, consulting with plans, and then hammered the blocks into the ground and that was that.

[/quote]

What did it cost you Cathy?  Mine was 600 euro for abot an acre

[quote user="wiskersnatch"][quote user="Cathy"]

[/quote]

What did it cost you Cathy?  Mine was 600 euro for abot an acre

[/quote]

I can't remember.  The cost was shared with a neighbour and it was at least 2 years' ago.  I do recall that by the time he went home, it was 1900 hrs and so I was very impressed.

[quote user="woody234"]

i am selling my barn which is 10 metres from my house separated by a garden, there is a line on the map  which separates the garden from the barn and plot number for barn (70) and plot number for garden (180) but theres no mesurments of actual plots and now  the notares have told me the man has done the asbestos report on the barn but says he noticed the map of the plots of land on the paper he look at is different than the reality, how much and who  to get it official with mesurments 

[/quote]

It might be worth having a look here at your plots of land, before handing any money to anyone, the size of each plot is specified, and there is a tool which allows you to measure distance (it is available in English - just click on the flag)

http://www.cadastre.gouv.fr/scpc/changeLangue.do?lang=en&cty=EN

thankyou tinabee, that website is very good, i have mesured the plots of land and they are okay, the only thing is it doesnt show the barn on the map, but i remember the goverment people in partheny saying this aswell when i saw them 3 years ago, ive declared it on my H1 form so maybe they use a different map than the cadastre.gouv.fr and the barn is on there