high voltage cables.

Has the route of the proposed cables in Normandy or Mayenne been yet published>nothing shows on the forum search?Many thanks for any info,Maude

Tuesday-many thanks to all who replied-very helpfull.Now heres another with the ongoing saga-what happens after the area of Buais?not seen any other articles about this.Anymore info appreciated greatly.Maude

It wouldn't be if your house was within 100m of the route, as one member of another forum has found himself to be. It may well go pretty close to our house, too.

Nothing like a bit of friendly sympathy, is there?

Maude - this thread should open it up for you. There are also discussions on other forums - I will PM you the details if you want them.

Maude,

The route was announced last December, but only in terms of a km wide corridor. Since then it has been worked out in much more detail and the exact route is due to be announced this month or next.  There will then be a public enquiry.  Source for this is the official website of the project:

http://www.cotentin-maine.com/index.htm

As Dick says, it is causing a great deal of anxiety to a lot of people, some of whom will be badly affected.  One of the 3 possible routes would  have run through our commune and the chosen one will come right through the neighbouring commune, only a very few km down the valley from us.

To the best of my knowledge, yes, Dick.  I gather that all that remains to be done is fine-tuning, unless the public enquiry turns out to be more than a simple rubber-stamping exercise. Cynical, moi?

On another forum I read that the April copy of the Rendezvous magazine had published a list of the affected communes, which are:

Beslon, Boisyvon, Buais, Cametours, Carantilly, Cerisey la Salle, Chasseguey, Chevreville, Coulouvray-Boisbenatre, Cuves, Dangy, Ferrieres, Feugeres, Fontenay, Hauteville la Guichard, Heusse, Juvigny le Tertre, La Bazoge, La Chapelle Cecelin, La Haye Bellefond, Lapenty, Le Chefresne, Le Guislain, Le Lorey, La Mesnil Adelee, Le Mesnil Gilbert, Le Mesnil Rainfray, Le Mesnillard, Les Cresnays, Marchesieux, Margueray, Marigny, Maupertuis, Milly, Montabot, Montbray, Notre Dame de Cenilly, Parigny, Percy, Raids, Reffuveille, St Germaine sur Seves, St Laurent de Cuves, St Martin d'Aubigny, St Martin le Bouillant, St Maur des Bois, St Sebastien de Raids, St Symphorien des Monts, Villebaudon, Villechien.

With the aid of that list and a local map even I can work out reasonably accurately where the dratted thing is going to run.[:(]

Kathy, I hope you aren't affected?

From your list, I can see that one family I know will be affected.  I have also considered moving further north from where I am and so your list could well be useful to me.

The current situation is that the draft route has been sent to the maires of the communes affected (the list is above), and the local councils have had a presentation from RTE. This is a general route, and the maires of communes can recommend minor changes (say 100m, within the corridor). So if your commune is on the list, have a word with the maire or a local councillor, because they should have seen more information. At least one of the communes above has an English councillor in case language is a problem.

There is likely to be a public enquiry, and protest meetings continue, which include demands for the line to be run underground (as it appears will happen where it crosses the Pyrenees).

We are probably a little closer than Dick, as the route cuts through the opposite corner from us of our very small commune, though we probably will not be able to see it as it runs through a valley at that point.

[quote user="KathyF"]

the exact route is due to be announced this month or next.  There will then be a public enquiry. 

[/quote]

Actually according to the meeting I was at in St Hilaire du Harcouet a couple of weeks ago, attended by 600 concerned folk and 3 Députés, the actual line won't be announced until September when the public inquiry is opened.

In that case, Judie, there is some slippage from the timetable on the RTE website, which talked about the route being published at the end of the second trimestre. Not that I'm complaining about delays, you understand....

Dick, the line will run across the See Valley from Saint Laurent de Cuves through Cuves, Le Mesnil-Gilbert and Le Mesnil-Adelee (just along the valley from us) and up the hill between Reffuveille and Juvigny-le-Tertre and down the other side of the ridge. We may not actually see it from our house, but it will be very visible whenever we go in any direction other than east. Given the lovely undulating countryside through which the line will run there will be a lot of hitherto unspoiled skylines affected.  [:(]

Yes, Kathy, I think that the original date was going to be the beginning of June, but things are definitely being put back - I have also heard that there are serious problems at Flammanville which may have something to do with it.

I'm a local councillor and we had the obligatory visit from the man from RTE in April when things were still on for June. However, at the meeting in St Hilaire attended by Gwenael Huet the Député for Avranches among others, we were advised that the date had been put back.