Money exchange

derf

Not used "Worldwide Currencies" but if you after some good advice try giving James Hickman (Director) a call at Caxton fx Ltd in London. Tel : 0207 201 0510

We used these guys just before xmas and found them to be Very helpful and knowledgeable through out the whole process.

Paul

London & Dept 24

Hi,  We have used Worldwide Currencies and found them to be safe and honest, though I must admit comitting several ten's of thousands of pounds to them was a bit traumatic. The transfer was completed efficiently and was extremely cost affective with their exchange rates being far better than the bank and no charge for transfers over £12k.

My husband's RAF pension is paid into our French account via Worldwide Currencies.  They have recently dropped all their admn fees, so their service is completely free!  There is an offer currently for a free DVD, which explains currency exchange very clearly.   

[quote]My husband's RAF pension is paid into our French account via Worldwide Currencies. They have recently dropped all their admn fees, so their service is completely free! There is an offer currently fo...[/quote]

Hi,

re your husband's pension payments via WWC, I have looked at their website but it gives very little info.  I have carried out all my trading with HIFX, they also have a 'regular payments' scheme for such things as pension payments to France.  However, when I contacted them for a quote earlier this week (when euro was 1.45 +), they quoted me a rate of 1.36! I expected the rate to be lower than that for transfers of larger amounts, but 1.36! On top of that, you must pay the 12th months payment up front.  Needless to say, I did not use them.

Do you have any details of how WWC's scheme works, is it similar and do you have to pay money up front?

Regards,

Bob

Hi Bob,

Best thing to do is ask David Foster (0044 208 464 5888) or e-mail him ([email protected]) as our circumstances may differ?  I think a lower rate offered may be so the company can 'spread the risk' or even out the peaks and troughs of the exchange rate or something.  Hey!  You could start a bidding war - see if WWC can beat HIFX rate !! 

JudyM

I used Caxton and I was unimpressed !!  The payment took 6 days to reach my account which nearly lost me my property !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've looked at Worldwide Currencies and they have some sort of priority payment system where they can guarantee to get the money there the same day............. I will give them a go next time, and they promise to match or better anyone else's rates.

Hi Redcap

Sounds like HIFX are similar to Caxtons..........The type of company that are only interested in taking care of your large trades where they can make large profits but when it comes to rewarding you for your custom and helping out with your small trades, they dont want to know.

You can bet your life on it that the only reason they gave you such a ridiculously low rate is because they dont want that custom, it's a cowards way of getting out of it.

I have just got off the phone to Worldwide Currencies, I asked for David Foster (Thanks Causette) you were right he was very helpful and straight talking, he said that they are happy to do small amounts for clients (over £1000) and although they obviously cant be as sharp on small amounts, they would not take more than 3 cents off the current rate ie 1.45 they would give 1.42 which is a darn site better than HIFX's 1.36 (that's tourist rates)

I'm gonna give them a try and if anyone else does too, let us know how the experience went.

I hate being ripped off, even if it is on a small amount. If i've done my calculations correctly thats:

£1,000 @ 1.36 = €1,360

£1,000 @ 1.42 = €1,420

Thats a monthly saving of €60 or a yearly saving of €720 !!!!!!!!!!  Worth Saving I Think !!!

Thanks for that Londoner, I will give him a call.  I agree with you about HIFX, they were effecient in dealing with my large transactions, how they think anyone is going to take up their offer of regular payments beats me!  Anyone reading who is due to send large amounts over, I suggest register with as many of the currency houses as you can (you have to before they will give you a quote), and play them off each other, be firm and talk straight, it's your money!

Regards,

Bob

Well that's it ...........I've registered with Worldwide Currencies, I will let you all know when I do my next trade how it goes.

This is a great way of finding decent companies that have been tried and tested, I wish I'd known about it before, and I think I'll avoid Caxtons and HIFX in the future.

Cheers Causette x