bank interest

gert

hello good people,

i`ve only been in france for just over two months now but looks like i will be staying for a while. i am renting a property and looking at options for buying either land or a house and am not working at the moment,my children have just started school here also so will be making an appearance on the education forum shortly i would imagine! my main income is the interest from our house sale in the uk, as this does not cover all my expenses can anyone tell me from experience whether i am entitled to apply to have it paid without tax taken off at source in order to obviously make it go a bit further. have written off to all the benefit agencies in the uk as my eight weeks is up and will shortly get affiliated to the system here when i get the right forms back. any advice will be appreciated.

The bank/building society where your money is invested will give you a form(R85?) to apply for gross(untaxed)interest.This only applies if your total income-including interest -is under the tax threshold and that is not that high.