Moneo

Alcazar

First post in this forum section. Thanks in advance for any help.

Went over early April and picked up credit/debit cards for our account, which have been waiting for us for 6 months at the bank. It took that long as we haven't been able to go for a while.

Anyway, while I was there, I asked if I could have the €100 I charged onto the Moneo part of my old card, back into my account, as I've never used it.

The lady tried to do it, but my old card, being out of date, wouldn't play. The bank lady told me she thought that money was now lost. £70? Just like that?

I told her I thouight not, and left the card with her, on her request, so she could look into it. She told me it would appear as a credit on my next statement, if she could do anything.

So far, it hasn't. Should I wait until the NEXT statement, (due soon), or ring the bank and try to find out what to do? Or TELL them what to do? If so, what?

Surely, the money CAN'T just disappear? Where does it go? You'd think some French folk would be caught the same way, and SURELY the English who only visit a few times a year?

Any help gladly received,

Alcazar

[quote user="Ron Avery"]Like to help but probably like many others I have no idea what you are talking about.  I have never heard of Moneo. It would help if you said what bank you were with.[/quote]

Moneo is a "cashless society" idea. You load your card with credit from you bank or even via a telephone link and then spend it by having it debited at outlets which also subscribe to the system. It was trialed in England ( Swindon if memory serves) but never took off. I don't think it is popular anywhere.

moneo was a credit card you could use for car parks and small purchases in case you did not have the small change.

i was offered one but since i  believe had o pay for it i refused.

you can top themup with more credit as you wish but surprised it has elapsed with time---a bit like my tel.card which gives 60 days tme limit.