Tax Demand

Llwyncelyn

Hi we used an Experte Comptable who even works for the Cour d'Appel and who is very well respected in our part of the world (Normandie)

In his view our tax would be nominal (as my wife is a registered disabled person) and arrived at a eurosX figure and with which we were very happy.  St Lo have now issued a demand at eurosY and which is about three times more than what the Experte said it would be. and it is quite a hike and we are not happy.

Obviously have sent it to the Experte for his view and every figure on his estimate and the response from St Lo agree save for the following

'..........Taux effective (revenu mondial)  Revenus etranger imposable en France..........'

My French is good enough to translate but I posted this ahead of hearing from the Experte and just in case anyone can throw any light upon the concept.  Obviously I do understand the problems of not having all the fact at ones fingertips and thus difficult to give a response but just wondered if anyone and ahead of the Experte coming back to us could take a stab at it. Again this is our first tax demand in the country so at least we have got over any potential CGT on the property but am I correct in assuming that this amount is payable in one go? and then and once we agree upon the starting position tax wise can I then pay whatever the then amount is by monthly payments through my bank?

As I said he is very well connected works as well for the Tribunals etc etc so is the sort of person you could and should be able to rely upon.

many thanks