French Mortgage

JRL

Advice please.

I am researching mortgage-providers in France for the purchase of a French property. I have numbers and regs from Credit Agricole, HSBC and UCB. They are similarish but aparently not the most competitive. If someone has undertaken the same exercise recently and will kindly pass on your findings, I shall be extremely grateful for the time it will save.

Or should we borrow in the UK?

Regards

JRL

Hi JRL

Euro mortgages are certainly cheaper than UK ones, and it makes good sense to match your assets (house) to your liabilities (mortgage). In addition to going direct to French banks, it is easy enough to find an English-speaking mortgage broker working in the French financial sector to do the work for you. A word of warning: all brokers receive a comm from the bank, but some charge you, the client, as well! When you are researching, be sure that you end up with a broker that promises no dossier fees. Market practices are examined in the Consumer Guide on www.bestfrenchmortgage.com

Rgds, Mel

JRL,

Just out of interest, we got our mortgage with CIN, it was a couple of years ago and the rates have probably changed but we got 4.2% fixed for the whole 10 year period. No hassle, very civilised, excellent service and English speaking ( if you need that).

Hope it helps.

Steve CINC are those people in Villedieu?  How are they as a bank for CA have just messed up my account by xferring a large sum from deposit (on my instructions) to current but instead of crediting the current they have debited the current and put me overdrawn and overdrawn by a large amount and with all prelevements being bounced.  They have apologised but said that I should email them with my requests and with all my bank account details!  They must be mad. Position is now righted but it has caused me problems so I think I will move my bank nearer to where I live in Percy