Credit Agricole mastercard limit

Patf

Husband has had frustrating experiences this week when his card payment was refused by the bank and he knew we had enough funds.Eventually they worked out that it was because he had gone over the monthly limit, I think 2500 euros.I suppose this is for security reasons but it's just one more reason why the french economy is in such dire straits when people's spending power is so restricted. At least three small businesses lost out on a sale because of this. Visiting the bank tomorrow hoping they will increase the limit. I think the basic limit in UK is £3000. Has anyone else come across this problem? Pat.

[quote user="Patf"]Husband has had frustrating experiences this week when his card payment was refused by the bank and he knew we had enough funds.Eventually they worked out that it was because he had gone over the monthly limit, I think 2500 euros.I suppose this is for security reasons but it's just one more reason why the french economy is in such dire straits when people's spending power is so restricted. At least three small businesses lost out on a sale because of this. Visiting the bank tomorrow hoping they will increase the limit. I think the basic limit in UK is £3000. Has anyone else come across this problem? Pat.[/quote]

The limit is usually set by the person you opened your account with.

I had a similar problem with Britline when I was with them and specifically asked my local bank for a high limit when I opened my account. No problem since.

Ask you local bank manager and he will most proably agree, provided he thinks your account is sensibly run of course!