Unfair Taxe D' Habitation Surcharge

Jon 1

[quote user="zeb"]

PS That's a typical British insult isn't it; assuming that the French are incompetent due to having a 2 hour lunch break? Why are you in France if you don't approve of French cultural differences?

[/quote]

OK the 2 hour lunch break remark was not really necessary but I don't really think I am alone - or that it is particularly British - in finding incompetence a complete pain in the assitos. My (mostly ) French neighbours/friends are very good at complaining about local services and businesses who seem to delight in being unhelpful or sometimes worse. Customer service might not be very high on the agenda here but surely no-one enjoys being treated poorly.
I do find the general rule here is "we will take your money - not a  problem" but "we have taken too much money or it doesn't actually work - not our problem"
The most annoying thing is just getting completely blanked by someone when you raise something or point something out. "It says the complete opposite here in your document" There isn't even a Gallic shrug. Helloooo!!! are you in there? It can seem as if you have not actually even said anything. I am always very careful to be as polite as possible but that just doesn't seem to make much difference.

Danny