Cheque de Banque

Gardian

I need to apply to the British Embassy in Paris for a particular document, for which there is a fee.  The Embassy website says "Personal cheques are not acceptable - payment must be by guaranteed banker's cheque (not banker's draft).

Is this a cheque de banque?

Thanks in advance.  

For passports the British embassy specify on their website (link below) a Mandat Chèque or Mandat Cash i.e. a French postal order available from La Poste. This should therefore be acceptable. If you are concerned you could 'phone them.

http://www.fco.gov.uk/servlet/Front?pagename=OpenMarket/Xcelerate/ShowPage&c=Page&cid=1007029395231&a=KOverseasMission&aid=1013618505817

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks BB, but it wasn't actually for a Passport.  It was for a Certificat de Coutume, which is wedding-related documentation, though you'd think that there's no real reason why they shouldn't accept payment in this way. Just no mention of it on that particular section of the site.

Anyway, I queued up in the bank and got them to issue a cheque de banque and it's all gone off to Paris. Just hope that I've given them enough copies of all the stuff they need.  That said, it's nothing compared to what the Mairie need!