Part or whole year income?

FairyNuff

I'm sorry if this has already been asked, but Mr FairyNuff ('NuffSaid) wants me to clarify things before I fill in our tax return! (but he'll be signing it). [;-)]

We arrived in France in October last year, our question is: do we only declare income after the date of arrival, or for the whole year. I've seen both actions advised as being correct. It could make quite a big difference to the amount of tax we will have to pay.

Thanks in advance

FairyNuff

Just declare income AFTER the date of arrival and write in the notes "Autres renseignements . . ." on the last page of the 2042

"Nous sommes resident en France depuis le (date of arrival)"

We did this last year and all was fine.

BTW you should BOTH sign the declaration.

[quote user="tinabee"]

Just declare income AFTER the date of arrival and write in the notes "Autres renseignements . . ." on the last page of the 2042

"Nous sommes resident en France depuis le (date of arrival)"

We did this last year and all was fine.

BTW you should BOTH sign the declaration.

[/quote]

Tinabee

Please excuse me for being so dense, but I can't see "autres renseignements...." on the last or indeed, any, page?

Tinabee

Please excuse me for being so dense, but I can't see "autres renseignements...." on the last or indeed, any, page?

This was on the last page  of last years form 2042 but not on this years, there is  on page 2  "E" Reseignements Complémetaires maybe you could use that.