Yet another question - this time about children!!

Carole

Have just been to the tax office and the taxman told me that I should include my daughter on the tax form. I told him that she lives in England, pays UK tax and is 28 years old but he said that does not matter and I would get a better allowance.

I am concerned about doing this as I dont want her involved in another tax system as they might want her to complete a form - she would never speak to me again and what is more, I don't think I have the right to do this. I am a widow and pensioner.

Anyone come across this before. It is form 2042 section A, "situation des enfants" question 2.

I am getting there after having spent nearly 3 hours waiting in the tax office for an interview of about 2 minutes - but they were helpful!!

Look forward to your views

Carole

I'm sorry but that cannot be true especially when at 22 here in France "children" are liable to pay their own income tax if they are not full time students.We have always had to declare our daughter since she was 18 and in Lycée superieur before university and part time shop work she did was added to our return. I think they must have misunderstood you regarding her age etc.

This recent thread is relevant :http://www.completefrance.com/cs/forums/1242499/ShowPost.aspx   Sorry it doesn't seem to work . but the thread is on this finance forum, Tax relief for dependent in UK by Roz ., very recently.